Tuesday, January 22, 2008

The Good, the Bad and the Ugly:

Today was very pretty, despite being just a run-of-the-mill work day. Inside my office today, I am knee-deep in year-end payroll stuff. Employees call me every day asking when they can expect their W-2. If only I could tell them that the reason they aren't holding their tax form in their hot little hand right now is because their boss de-fucking-leted 18 employees with 2007 activity from the system. Generally, that wouldn't be a big whoop - just find their info and recreate it all so that the quarterly totals match again.

Unfortunately, my company does not have an "Open Door" policy but more a "Revolving Door" policy. During any given pay period, there are about 104 active employees. I have 200 - TWO HUNDRED W-2s to wade through for 2007 to figure out who's missing and what they should have in the system.

For my lunch today, I walked across work's property onto a dirt road and just started taking pictures of the sky. About 23 pictures overall. These are the ones that didn't make the Project365 cut.







For 'the bad', go look at my "Day 21" submission. It's pretty blech.

Then there is 'the ugly'.

Mike's younger brother M, and his wife, are splitting up. He told Mike tonight.

We've been hearing from people/family that there's been 'stuff' going on, but this is the first time that M has told Mike directly.

Un-fucking-believable.

A cuter couple would be harder to find.

They've only been married about a year less than us.

No abuse, no drug use, no cheating, no *something big* for this to make sense.

Quitting. Just tits-up quitting.

With a 2 1/2 year old in the middle.

This is the first couple I have ever known pre-marriage that will be going through a divorce. Everyone else I know has either already been divorced or has been married since I've known them.

What an ugly turn of events.

No comments: